Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I remove an unwanted check box from an Excel spread sheet?

I copied some data from a website and without intending to brought a check
box with the data. I have tried to remove it but can't. Deleting cells or
even the row the box is in doesn't do it. Years ago I had to create forms on
a job and at the time knew how to create check boxes. But I can't find a
Forms Creation tab in my present version of Excel (Microsoft Office 2003).
Can anyone help me? I'd really like to get the check box out of my spread
sheet. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right click on the textbox (near the edge usually works best) and choose CUT
to remove it.
Be aware that if any macros refer to the control, they may fail to function
once it's gone.

The toolbox for forms creation is available from View | Toolbars | Forms
there is a similar one in there called ToolBox (same look, different
functionality).

Forms are now created and maintained within the Visual Basic Editor.

"Brondero" wrote:

I copied some data from a website and without intending to brought a check
box with the data. I have tried to remove it but can't. Deleting cells or
even the row the box is in doesn't do it. Years ago I had to create forms on
a job and at the time knew how to create check boxes. But I can't find a
Forms Creation tab in my present version of Excel (Microsoft Office 2003).
Can anyone help me? I'd really like to get the check box out of my spread
sheet. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this macro

Sub deletePic()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Pictures.Delete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brondero,

If it's from the Control Toolbox then go View|Toolbars|Control
Toolbox|Design mode(set square,ruler,pencil icon|right click
check|Cut|deselect Design mode and close the Control Toolbox

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brondero,
Oops, read "check" as "Checkbox"
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have tested this code, with Controls inserted into the sheet, it
works just fine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

damorrison wrote:
I have tested this code, with Controls inserted into the sheet, it
works just fine

That's interesting, thanks.

Ken Johnson