Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where do you get "exception"? Is that a value returned in your VLOOKUP?

If so, then you would do something like
=IF(VLOOKUP([arguments])="exception",[Do what you want to do in the exception
tab],[Enter your ELSE clause here]).

Hope that helps.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave Thanks for your prompt reply
True Brevity is the soul of wit but not today .
Yes, "exception" is the value returned
Not sure what I have to add to my existing formula to make it work Please
clarify again thanks

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well what are you looking to do in the exception tab? That would determine
what you would enter for it.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave
If the valued returned in the cell is "exception" I want it to
automatically go to Cell A1! in the worksheet entitled " exceptions"
thanks for your patience

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only thing I can think of is that you should have a macro which
automatically runs whenever the value returned from your formula is
"exception," which instructs Excel to move you to cell A1 of your sheet
"exception."

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd use a second cell adjacent to the cell with the lookup formula and put a
formula like:

=HYPERLINK(IF(A2=" exception ","#' exception '!A1","#"&ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())),
"Click me")

Wanna Learn wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave
This will work except that
I keep getting "Reference not valid" what goes in &ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())),

Wanna Learn wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nothing goes in that stuff.

The formula tells excel to jump to the exception page using that hyperlink--or
jump to the same cell that contains the formula (stay put, in other words).

If it didn't work, then share what you used if you changed the formula.