Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wanna Learn Wanna Learn is offline

Default Hyperlink

THanks Dave . Excellent

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Nothing goes in that stuff.

The formula tells excel to jump to the exception page using that hyperlink--or
jump to the same cell that contains the formula (stay put, in other words).

If it didn't work, then share what you used if you changed the formula.

Wanna Learn wrote:

Thanks Dave
This will work except that
I keep getting "Reference not valid" what goes in &ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())),

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd use a second cell adjacent to the cell with the lookup formula and put a
formula like:

=HYPERLINK(IF(A2=" exception ","#' exception '!A1","#"&ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())),
"Click me")

Wanna Learn wrote:

I have the following formula in a cell, sometimes my answer will be "
exception "
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J38,'2006 Monthly
Sales'!$E$2:$Q$386,10,FALSE))

If the answer is "exception" I want it to automatically go to the exception
worksheet - How about a hyperlink to that sheet or is there another way?

thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--