kacate

Default How do I insert the date the file was saved in the MS Excel foote.

I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field.
the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would
appreciate any help with this.

Ron de Bruin

Hi kacate

Try
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"kacate" wrote in message ...
I am trying to display the date the file was last saved in the footer field.
the defualt date code displays the date the file was printed. I would
appreciate any help with this.

Peo Sjoblom

You would need an event macro, for the workbook inquestion press Alt + F8,
to the left in the project pane find the workbook and double click
ThisWorkbook
and paste in the following

With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.LeftFooter = "Document last saved on " & _
Format(ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("L ast Save Time"), _
"dd mmm yyyy hh:mm")
End With
End Sub

press Alt + Q and save the workbook, if you only want the date and time and
not last saved one remove

"Document last saved on " &

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom