Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to hyperlink entire column in Exel sheet

i have a database of e- mail ID's, and want to hyperlink the entire column so
that when I click on the ID, the Mail window opens. Can anyone help me how to
do that? and can the whole column of 2000 Mail IDs can be hyperlinked at a
time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use an adjacent column with a formula like:

=hyperlink(a1)
or
=hyperlink("mailto:" & a1)

Depending on what's in those cells.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This little subroutine should do it. Just change the following line to
reflect your starting cell.

Range("E1").Select

Sub HyperLink()

Dim varVal As Variant
Dim i As Integer

Range("E1").Select
varVal = ActiveCell.Text
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Do Until Len(varVal) = 0
i = i + 1
Application.StatusBar = "Formatting row " & i & _
", please wait..."
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=Selection, _
Address:=varVal, TextToDisplay:=varVal
ActiveCell.Offset(1).Select
varVal = ActiveCell.Text
Loop

With Application
.StatusBar = False
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With

Kevin Backmann

"Zoya" wrote:

i have a database of e- mail ID's, and want to hyperlink the entire column so
that when I click on the ID, the Mail window opens. Can anyone help me how to
do that? and can the whole column of 2000 Mail IDs can be hyperlinked at a
time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kevin,

I'm a general user having the same issue and have no idea how to perform the
following "subroutine" - can you elaborate in layman terms?

Many many thanks!

Whyvon