-   -   how to hyperlink entire column in Exel sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108508-how-hyperlink-entire-column-exel-sheet.html)

Zoya

how to hyperlink entire column in Exel sheet

i have a database of e- mail ID's, and want to hyperlink the entire column so
that when I click on the ID, the Mail window opens. Can anyone help me how to
do that? and can the whole column of 2000 Mail IDs can be hyperlinked at a
time?

Dave Peterson

how to hyperlink entire column in Exel sheet

Use an adjacent column with a formula like:

=hyperlink(a1)
or
=hyperlink("mailto:" & a1)

Depending on what's in those cells.

--

Dave Peterson

Kevin B

how to hyperlink entire column in Exel sheet

This little subroutine should do it. Just change the following line to
reflect your starting cell.

Range("E1").Select

Sub HyperLink()

Dim varVal As Variant
Dim i As Integer

Range("E1").Select
varVal = ActiveCell.Text
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Do Until Len(varVal) = 0
i = i + 1
Application.StatusBar = "Formatting row " & i & _
", please wait..."
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=Selection, _
Address:=varVal, TextToDisplay:=varVal
ActiveCell.Offset(1).Select
varVal = ActiveCell.Text
Loop

With Application
.StatusBar = False
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With

Kevin Backmann

"Zoya" wrote:

i have a database of e- mail ID's, and want to hyperlink the entire column so
that when I click on the ID, the Mail window opens. Can anyone help me how to
do that? and can the whole column of 2000 Mail IDs can be hyperlinked at a
time?

Why Von

how to hyperlink entire column in Exel sheet

Kevin,

I'm a general user having the same issue and have no idea how to perform the
following "subroutine" - can you elaborate in layman terms?

Many many thanks!

Whyvon