Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In Excel, how can I keep 2 lines together when page breaks to 2nd

I have an Excel spreadsheet that is longer than one page but when there is a
page break, is sometimes splits lines where I don't want them split. How can
I keep 2 or more lines together even if they are at the end of a page. I want
both lines to go to the second page, rather than one line at the bottom of
the first page and the second line by itself at the top of the second page.
I've tried adjusting margins and inserting page breaks, but this is
cumbersome when the pages keep changing. (The page breaks are moved when a
new line is inserted above it).
Is there a way to keeps lines together in Excel. I'm using the new Beta
version of Excel 7 but if it's possible to keep lines together in older
versions, it should work here also.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't use xl2007, but the only way I know to do it on the earlier versions is
manually.

Excel doesn't have the same kind of widow/orphan control as MSWord does.

Calvin Baisley wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that is longer than one page but when there is a
page break, is sometimes splits lines where I don't want them split. How can
I keep 2 or more lines together even if they are at the end of a page. I want
both lines to go to the second page, rather than one line at the bottom of
the first page and the second line by itself at the top of the second page.
I've tried adjusting margins and inserting page breaks, but this is
cumbersome when the pages keep changing. (The page breaks are moved when a
new line is inserted above it).
Is there a way to keeps lines together in Excel. I'm using the new Beta
version of Excel 7 but if it's possible to keep lines together in older
versions, it should work here also.

Dave Peterson