Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getting negative random numbers - HELP!

I must be crazy, but I am using the RAND() function and it occasionally
generates a negative number. I cannot find any information on this - by
definition it should only generate numbers between 0 and 1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Susan Forson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are correct, by definition it should return a (positive) value between 0
and 1.

Are you certain the formula in the cell is
=RAND()
if it has any other paramters, that may be affecting your results?