Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Views Problem

I'm hoping some one can help.
I have set up 3 custom views for displaying sections of my spreadsheet to
different users.

One of the views hides most of the rows on the worksheet. However, when I
select this view I get two error messages on the screen.
"Cannot shift objects off sheet" & "Some view settings could not be applied"
It is the hiding of the rows that is not applied.

Can anyone help on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Allllen

I didn't write any code, I just set the sheet up as I wanted it to look and
then used the Custom Views menu option.

I've ended up working round this by using macro recorder to create a macro
which does basically the same, but I would like to understand what these
errors are about for future use.

"Karen McKenzie" wrote:

I'm hoping some one can help.
I have set up 3 custom views for displaying sections of my spreadsheet to
different users.

One of the views hides most of the rows on the worksheet. However, when I
select this view I get two error messages on the screen.
"Cannot shift objects off sheet" & "Some view settings could not be applied"
It is the hiding of the rows that is not applied.

Can anyone help on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Karen,

I am having the same message regarding "views applied" relating to a
protected sheet (and have posted a query regarding this) - is your sheet
protected?

Regarding the message "unable to move objects off sheet" - I have had this
message in the past, allbeit not with custom views but with macros hiding
columns/rows in which somne cells have a comment inserted - try looking to
see if there are comments in any of the cells of the rows you are hiding.