Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I draw an arrow on my spreadsheet?

This seems like a very basic task, but when I select an arrow (from the
shapes) and attempt to "click and drag" to place it on the sheet (new blank
sheet) the option simply goes away... also on other files I have created (on
other machines) I can not select to move an arrow on this machine. There is
no permission issues on the copied file.

Any ideas on how to turn on the ability to edit objects? (some issue for
word btw)

excel 2003 XP pro SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Like I said sounds simple... but... when I select the line or arrow and begin
to "click and drag" the drawing cursor (small ' + ') turns back into the text
cursor... not allowing any further drawing.. so nothing get placed onto the
sheet. I thought there might be a setting somewhere that is preventing me
from using any draw tools...(asle text box, charts, etc).. interesting thing
also it will allow me to 'insert' an immage... but will NOT allow me to
resize it. so I'm still thinking its some kind of setting somewhere.

But thank for your input. Any other ideas out there??

"rhatten" wrote:

This seems like a very basic task, but when I select an arrow (from the
shapes) and attempt to "click and drag" to place it on the sheet (new blank
sheet) the option simply goes away... also on other files I have created (on
other machines) I can not select to move an arrow on this machine. There is
no permission issues on the copied file.

Any ideas on how to turn on the ability to edit objects? (some issue for
word btw)

excel 2003 XP pro SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi rhatten
I have the same problem.
Have detected and repaired Excel 2003 from the installation and the original
disks, checked for upgrades with no difference.
Interestingly the drawing toolbar in Word 2003 works perfectly.
Almost like the left mouse click to draw the shape is not recognised. have
to go to a new worksheet to get the usual cursor back and exit.
Have Microsoft mouse intellipoint 5.3 driver for explorer 4.0 mouse, seems I
cannot go back to earlier version.
Also appreciate help as at my wits end. This is the only posting that I
have seen a similar problem.
Almac
XP home SP2, excel 2003