Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJ AJ is offline

Default Locking Data Sheet

I would like to lock a data sheet so that no one can change my document but
me. I will be sending this document to an email account for viewing but I
don't want the view that have the option to change or either know my formular.

Is the possible? If so, what are the stepts?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi AJ,

yes it is possible, select the ws cells, right click, format cell -
protection - check both boxes Block and Hide.

Select Tools - and protect the sheet with one password.

but, have notice that the passwords are easy broken...

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"AJ" escreveu:

I would like to lock a data sheet so that no one can change my document but
me. I will be sending this document to an email account for viewing but I
don't want the view that have the option to change or either know my formular.

Is the possible? If so, what are the stepts?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi AJ

Convert your formulas to values in the workbook you send
My mail add-in have a option to do that
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

Or create a pdf and send that

--