Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default When I type in a 16 digits (credit card) end 02 it auto change 00.

When I type in a 16 digits (credit card) end 02 it auto change 00. I've
checked the auto word option and the field format and cannot get it to stop
the autochange.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has a limit of 15 digits for numeric data so will need to enter your CC
number as TEXT. Set column format to TEXT and then enter your data.

"Christie" wrote:

When I type in a 16 digits (credit card) end 02 it auto change 00. I've
checked the auto word option and the field format and cannot get it to stop
the autochange.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel can only handle numbers up to 15 digits.

Since your credit card number isn't really a "number", it's an ID....

Either set the cell's number format to TEXT
<format<cells<number tab
Category: Text

OR

Prefix the Credit Card Number with an apostrophe ( ' )

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP