Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DEE DEE is offline

Default saving characters in csv

How do I save a character (check mark) in a csv file converting from excel.
It changes to a ü. What can I do to save it as a check mark?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will not be able to save the check mark character to a text file, only
characters in the Windows ANSI character set will get exported to the CSV
file. To see what characters would get saved, in a blank spreadsheet enter
the number 33 through 255 in column A and in column B enter the formula
=CHAR(A1). Copy the CHAR formula down to the last number to see the
corresponding character for each ANSI character value.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Dee" wrote:

How do I save a character (check mark) in a csv file converting from excel.
It changes to a ü. What can I do to save it as a check mark?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What happens when you re-import the CSV file into excel?

Remember that since CSV files don't keep track of any formatting, you'll have to
give the cell (column of cells???) the same Font format to see the same symbol?

Dee wrote:

How do I save a character (check mark) in a csv file converting from excel.
It changes to a ü. What can I do to save it as a check mark?

--

Dave Peterson