Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Displaying negative values in parentheses

Excel 2003 seems to ignore regional settings when I set them to display
negative values in parentheses eg. ( 2.3 ) = -2.3

Is there a solution to this short of creating a custom format for every
new workbook ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Andy

When changing Regional Settings make sure you select the parens under the
"Currency" tab, not under the "Number" tab.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP