Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Table sort

I am new at using MS Excel 2000. My spreadsheet comprises amongst other
data,six columns whose content comprises positive integers range in value
from 1 to 50. I would like to do the following :
1 Sort each row in ascending order in the table, at one go.
2 Determine the frequency of appearance of these integers. ie In the total
listing, 3 appeared 100 times,34 appeared 20 times etc.
3 Determine whether any row of integers has been duplicated in this o other
tables.
--
Thanks for the help
Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Udo Udo is offline

Seems to be rather a project than a question ;-)
Let me focus on the second part of your "project": My suggestion is, to
have a part of the spreadsheet (or another table in the same file) with
two columns. One (e.g. A) is headed "Number", the other (e.g. B)
"Appearance". Under Number you just list the numbers from 1 to 50. In
the other one you put besides each number the following formula :
"=countif(G$2$:G$500$; A2)". There, "L$2$:L$51$" is the area where your
original data are (do not forget the $ signs!), A2 is the cell with the
first number to be counted. Copy this formula into every cell besides
the filled in Numbers.

Good luck
Udo

hijack schrieb:

I am new at using MS Excel 2000. My spreadsheet comprises amongst other
data,six columns whose content comprises positive integers range in value
from 1 to 50. I would like to do the following :
1 Sort each row in ascending order in the table, at one go.
2 Determine the frequency of appearance of these integers. ie In the total
listing, 3 appeared 100 times,34 appeared 20 times etc.
3 Determine whether any row of integers has been duplicated in this o other
tables.
--
Thanks for the help
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that. I will give this a try. I can sort a single row by selecting
that row, and going to data/ sort. The problem is when I select multiple rows
to sort. Is a multiple sort difficult to implement?
--
Thanks for the help
Jack