Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlinks and Sorting Problems

I have a spreadsheet with over 5,000 hyperlinks in column D, but I want to
sort on Column A yet I need the hyperlinks to follow in the sort. Right now
for example the hyperlinks prior to sort in rows 50 to 100 will still be the
same after the sort. Is there a way that when you sort the hyperlinks will
follow the data and not stay in the same cell. Denise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Choose all of the columns that need to be sorted (as A through D) and all of
the rows and use Data | Sort and then indicate that you wish them to be
sorted on contents of column A.

This way entire rows will be shifted up/down as the sort is executed.
Practice on a COPY of your worksheet so you don't get totally messed up.

Usually the sort buttons handle this for you (selecting all rows) but there
are situations where they will not. Doing it manually by selecting the sort
area yourself and using Data | Sort from the menu toolbar makes things more
certain.

"Denise Smiley" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with over 5,000 hyperlinks in column D, but I want to
sort on Column A yet I need the hyperlinks to follow in the sort. Right now
for example the hyperlinks prior to sort in rows 50 to 100 will still be the
same after the sort. Is there a way that when you sort the hyperlinks will
follow the data and not stay in the same cell. Denise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank You! Worked like a charm!

Denise

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

use the hyperlink worksheet function instead of Insert hyperlinks.

Tom Ogilvy