Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I put an apostrophy next to a number on my Excel workshee.

I am doing a spreadsheet for our alumni reunion and need to indicate their
year of graduation. When I type '34 for example for the year 1934 the 34
appears but not the apostrophy. How can I correct that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Type two of them.

One will show in the cell....two will show in the formula bar.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:18:02 -0700, Rabbit
wrote:

I am doing a spreadsheet for our alumni reunion and need to indicate their
year of graduation. When I type '34 for example for the year 1934 the 34
appears but not the apostrophy. How can I correct that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

enter two apostrophes rather than one.
--
Gary's Student

"Rabbit" wrote:

I am doing a spreadsheet for our alumni reunion and need to indicate their
year of graduation. When I type '34 for example for the year 1934 the 34
appears but not the apostrophy. How can I correct that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Rabbit" wrote:

I am doing a spreadsheet for our alumni reunion and need to indicate their
year of graduation. When I type '34 for example for the year 1934 the 34
appears but not the apostrophy. How can I correct that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rabbit

An explanation for my brilliance.

Excel treats one apostrophe as a signal that the data will be in Text format.

The one apostrophe therefore does not show in the cell.

One for text format, two to show an apostrophe in the cell.

Gord