Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default web queries...

What's the deal with these? Are these real queries in the SQL sense?

Example: if I use the Web Query option under Data--Get External Data does
the wizard generate some SQL in the background to import, say, a stock tabel
from finance.google.com?

It seems to me that it just does a copy and paste. I can do that on my own.

Am I missing something here?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not that impressed with these either, athlough you can play with the
underlying html data.

see link!
http://www.vertex42.com/News/excel-web-query.html

"Dave F" wrote:

What's the deal with these? Are these real queries in the SQL sense?

Example: if I use the Web Query option under Data--Get External Data does
the wizard generate some SQL in the background to import, say, a stock tabel
from finance.google.com?

It seems to me that it just does a copy and paste. I can do that on my own.

Am I missing something here?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave F wrote:
What's the deal with these? Are these real queries in the SQL sense?

Example: if I use the Web Query option under Data--Get External Data
does the wizard generate some SQL in the background to import, say, a
stock tabel from finance.google.com?

It seems to me that it just does a copy and paste. I can do that on
my own.

Am I missing something here?

Hi Dave,

I think you can find useful informations he

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...450851033.aspx

http://www.vertex42.com/News/excel-web-query.html

http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplat...ck-quotes.html

--