Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with matching/ linking cells

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone could give me some assistance with
linking a cell from one work sheet to another based on another cell in
both work sheets.

The linked cell I want is on the sheet (called partsand product
numbers) below (highlighted in yellow) and the if clause is highlighted
in blue:

Ok I can't put a print screen in!

So,

In column D: In Column E
200467880 8400
802k93580 8500/8550
685778500 8500/8550
d86959004 8400
673658590 8400/8500/8550

This continues for a long time...

The sheet (called Stock) I want to link it into is as follows:

In column A In Column D

200467880 ?
685778500
673658590
d86959004

and so on.

So, what I want is it to say ' if column a column in sheet titled stock
is equal to column d in sheet titled partsandproduct numbers, pull in
the corresponding cell from column e (including all punctuation and
values)

If any one could help with this I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$6,2,0)

where ...
- "Sheet1" is your first sheet
- A2:B6 contains master data

Please rate me.

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It hasn't quite worked, it is only pulling in the 8500/8550s, not any
of the other options.

Any other ideas?

Naveen wrote:
Try this
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$6,2,0)

where ...
- "Sheet1" is your first sheet
- A2:B6 contains master data

Please rate me.

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Greg,
As my previous reply on this (your earlier posting) , you will
get one response per search:

685778500 will pull 8500/8550
802k93580 will also 8500/8550
673658590 will pull 8400/8500/8550

I don't undrstand why this doesn't meet your need

"Greg" wrote:

It hasn't quite worked, it is only pulling in the 8500/8550s, not any
of the other options.

Any other ideas?

Naveen wrote:
Try this
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$6,2,0)

where ...
- "Sheet1" is your first sheet
- A2:B6 contains master data

Please rate me.

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I agree it should work, but doesn't appear to. I don't get it to recall
them.

Could I possibly send you my worksheet and you can assess, if I'm
missing a vital part of this function??

Would be very grateful for your help. Many thanks,

Greg.

"Greg" wrote:

It hasn't quite worked, it is only pulling in the 8500/8550s, not any
of the other options.

Any other ideas?

Naveen wrote:
Try this
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$6,2,0)

where ...
- "Sheet1" is your first sheet
- A2:B6 contains master data

Please rate me.

"Greg" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you have calculation set to automatic.
tools|options|calculation tab

Greg wrote:

It hasn't quite worked, it is only pulling in the 8500/8550s, not any
of the other options.

Any other ideas?

Naveen wrote:
Try this
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$2:$B$6,2,0)

where ...
- "Sheet1" is your first sheet
- A2:B6 contains master data

Please rate me.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

send to toppers<atjohntopley.fsnet.co.uk if you are still having a problem.

"Greg" wrote:

It hasn't quite worked, it is only pulling in the 8500/8550s, not any
of the other options.

Any other ideas?

Naveen wrote:
Try this