Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Greg Greg is offline

Default Help with matching/ linking cells

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone could give me some assistance with
linking a cell from one work sheet to another based on another cell in
both work sheets.

The linked cell I want is on the sheet (called partsand product
numbers) below (highlighted in yellow) and the if clause is highlighted
in blue:

Ok I can't put a print screen in!

So,

In column D: In Column E
200467880 8400
802k93580 8500/8550
685778500 8500/8550
d86959004 8400
673658590 8400/8500/8550

This continues for a long time...

The sheet (called Stock) I want to link it into is as follows:

In column A In Column D

200467880 ?
685778500
673658590
d86959004

and so on.

So, what I want is it to say ' if column a column in sheet titled stock
is equal to column d in sheet titled partsandproduct numbers, pull in
the corresponding cell from column e (including all punctuation and
values)

If any one could help with this I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Greg