Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Option/Radio button help needed

I'm definitely not a wiz - need some advice here.

I'm trying to create a finance tracking spreadsheet that is simple
enough for my wife to use. I have all the pieces in place, such that
all she needs to do is enter the date of a transaction, the amount, and
click an option/radio button for the expense category. The sheet tracks
each category by the date she entered, and creates a report that
compares monthly expenses in each category to our projected monthly
budget for that category.

See attached picture to see a partial view of what the data entering
sheet looks like.

'[image:
http://img126.imagevenue.com/loc523/th_90967_excel_122_523lo.JPG]'
(http://img126.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_523lo.JPG)

Works pretty nicely... for one transaction.

Seems like radio buttons all like to be in the same group if they are
on the same worksheet. I want each row to act independently. The only
way I've found around this so far is to draw a form box around each
added group (such as the second row in the pic), but that is really
cumbersome and ugly as sin, since I can't figure out how to make the
box transparent. Don't ask me how the first row has a transparent
box... the two rows even seem to have slightly different
format/properties options. To be honest, I still haven't figured out
what the differences are between a radio button from the forms toolbox
and one from the controls toolbox.

Argh.

Simply put, I need to copy what is happening on the first row (a group
of radio buttons, linked to a cell on another worksheet, along with the
cells for date and amount entry) to a heck of a lot of rows below it.
All doing the same thing, but each row independent of the others.

Any suggestions on how to do this in a non-kludged way?

--
rhosch
rhosch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37915

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you would be better off designing a user form for input. The way you
have this setup at the moment will need considerable repetition of the set of
radio buttons whereas you could use a listbox on the user form which will be
reused for every entry. The transaction entered in the user form would then
be copied to the spreadsheet