Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default .xls to .htm

When previewing a 6 sheet workbook as as webpage, the webpage displays
(imbedded?) text that is not part of my work. I've removed hidden data,
toggled cell fills and fonts different colors searching for the text, and
removed functions, pulldowns, etc., on each worksheet with no luck. Any
ideas? I will email the .xls if it would help - thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brian,
If you want to do the HTML conversion yourself see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm

The macros were designed to convert a selected range of
cells to HTML code and then take the table out of the source
and paste it into another HTML file -- the main purpose was
to have readable code.

When you used the File, Save as you generated several
files, it should work if left where it was generated to. I you
move the file to another directory yould also have to copy
an accompaning directory folder and all the files within it as well.
I really don't use the file, save as to generate HTML.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel