Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I would like to use conditional formatting for 4 or more items.

I have item #s I would like to show up a certain color if they meet certain
conditions. EG. My list starts in BQ3 and can have 30 varying #s. I would
like the conditional formatting to color the items only if the alpha,numeric
# matches one of 4 in another list starting in BR12. The #s are random, PROX
30000 OR TILX 310245 so I cannot use the between or < rules. And,
conditional formatting only allows 3 rules.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Inge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

List of cars I want the font to be brown if match to conditional list below:
PROX 32057
PROX 30258
PROX 30174
PROX 32239
PROX 32537
PROX 32466
PROX 33130
PROX 32585
PROX 33142
PROX 32520
PROX 33147
PROX 32975
TILX 301076
TILX 301068

Conditional List:
PROX 32494
PROX 32512
PROX 33130
TILX 301068
UTLX 47789

Inge

"Inge" wrote in message
I have item #s I would like to show up a certain color if they meet

certain
conditions. EG. My list starts in BQ3 and can have 30 varying #s. I

would
like the conditional formatting to color the items only if the

alpha,numeric
# matches one of 4 in another list starting in BR12. The #s are random,

PROX
30000 OR TILX 310245 so I cannot use the between or < rules. And,
conditional formatting only allows 3 rules.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Inge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the conditional list on a separate sheet (say Sheet2) in column A.

Then give that range a nice name via Insert|Name|Define (say myList)

select your range (say A1:A99 on Sheet1) and with A1 the activecell, use:
Format|conditional formatting
formula is:
=match(a1,mylist,0)

And give it a nice format.

Inge wrote:

List of cars I want the font to be brown if match to conditional list below:
PROX 32057
PROX 30258
PROX 30174
PROX 32239
PROX 32537
PROX 32466
PROX 33130
PROX 32585
PROX 33142
PROX 32520
PROX 33147
PROX 32975
TILX 301076
TILX 301068

Conditional List:
PROX 32494
PROX 32512
PROX 33130
TILX 301068
UTLX 47789

Inge

"Inge" wrote in message
I have item #s I would like to show up a certain color if they meet

certain
conditions. EG. My list starts in BQ3 and can have 30 varying #s. I

would
like the conditional formatting to color the items only if the

alpha,numeric
# matches one of 4 in another list starting in BR12. The #s are random,

PROX
30000 OR TILX 310245 so I cannot use the between or < rules. And,
conditional formatting only allows 3 rules.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Inge

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wow! Thank you so much. This simplifies communicating alerts to the other
person who shares my desk. Awesome!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Put the conditional list on a separate sheet (say Sheet2) in column A.

Then give that range a nice name via Insert|Name|Define (say myList)

select your range (say A1:A99 on Sheet1) and with A1 the activecell, use:
Format|conditional formatting
formula is:
=match(a1,mylist,0)

And give it a nice format.