Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protected cell performing hyperlink

Hi,

I have a protected sheet, with a few unprotected cells. One of the
cells (say, E6) has a simple hyperlink back to Sheet1. My problem is
that when a protected cell is selected, it executes whatever hyperlink
is in E6.

I have tried working round the problem by making the hyperlink in E6
point back to it's own worksheet and creating another hyperlink
elsewhere to return to Sheet1 (which is a Return to Main menu
function). Same problem occurs, which seems a little odd to me.

I have also tried unprotecting A1 (and testing with a dummy hyperlink)
as I read somewhere that it may be jumping to the first unprotected
cell. Same problem.

Any ideas?

--
SAP PoD
SAP PoD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bam Bam is offline

Help, I have an Excel spreadsheet that is shared with others, I need to
password-protect just 2 colums.
Can you help??

Bam

"SAP PoD" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well yes, I can help (but it doesn't help me )

Highlight your 2 columns, Format Cells, Protection tab. Take out the
Locked check box.

Then Tools - Protect Sheet and enter a password for the now Unlocked
cells