Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default short cut for Paste Value

I am working in Excel 2003, i need a short cut key for Paste Value. i cant
find it any were. Pls some one help me

Regards
yuvaraj
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yuvaraj,
The web page referenced below has the options.
I put the tool on the tool bar (it is in this web page, and the tool looks
like a clipboard with a 12 on it). I put near the copy icon, which I think
is on the standard toolbar by default, and also the paste formats button
too.
http://tinyurl.com/lwszg
Barbara

"Yuvaraj" wrote in message
I am working in Excel 2003, i need a short cut key for Paste Value. i cant
find it any were. Pls some one help me

Regards
yuvaraj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yuvaraj wrote:
I am working in Excel 2003, i need a short cut key for Paste Value. i cant
find it any were. Pls some one help me

Regards
yuvaraj

Yuvaraj

I work in excel 97, but I am sure these will work in 2003 as well.

First option is to copy the cell, then select the cell you wish to
paste as a value. The shortcut key strokes are ALT, then "E", then "S",
then "V" and the return. This looks clumbersome, but if used frequently
will be familiar.

A second option is to put a "Paste as value" button on your tool bar.
To do this, right mouse click on your existing tool bar and select
"Customize". Then select the "Commands" tab and within that select the
"Edit" categaory. In the left hand box you will fing the "paste values"
button which you can drag and place on your existing tool bar (and it
will stay there)

Mark