Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TQ TQ is offline

Default underline

There is a short cut to underline word by choosing pictuorial U. How about to
underline a word that the line is by dot ?

I wish the line same as the word length and not by drawing.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried highlighting the cell with the word you want underlined
and then pressing control + u

--
Steel Monkey
Steel Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29051

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I understand that you wish to underline a word or phrase with dots rather
than with a solid line? Can't do that with Excel. To format the text in a
cell, choose Cells then choose Format and pick the type of underlining you do
want. The shortcut using the U (or [ctrl]+[u] from the keyboard) is the
single underline option there.

"TQ" wrote:

There is a short cut to underline word by choosing pictuorial U. How about to
underline a word that the line is by dot ?

I wish the line same as the word length and not by drawing.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TQ TQ is offline

"Steel Monkey" wrote:

Have you tried highlighting the cell with the word you want underlined
and then pressing control + u

--

Steel Monkey
Steel Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29051
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573628

Thanks for your reply,my purpose is let the line become dot. Example as below.

Name Date

Thanks