Tupid

Default How do I split a cell diagonally?

Please help as I need to know asap.

Thank you.

Chip Pearson

You can't really do this. You can put a diagonal line through a
cell. Go to the Format menu, choose Cell, then the Borders tab.
Click the diagonal line button. This will display a diagonal
line in the cell, but will have no effect on splitting the cell's
text between the two regions.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tupid" wrote in message
Please help as I need to know asap.

Thank you.

Ken Wright

Depending on what you want in there though, you may be able to achieve that
kind of effect, eg

Format the cell as Chip described, type 'ab' hit ALT+ENTER, type few spaces
and then type 'cd'

Get the spacing right and you will have the appearance of a split cell.
Useless for data that needs to be numeric, but if it functions as a column
and row header then it works fine. Not an ideal choice to me as you can't
refer simply to each value (though it can be done), but it may be what you
are looking for.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Tupid" wrote in message
Please help as I need to know asap.

Thank you.

CLR

You can "fake" doing this by using drawing objects (triangles), one on top
the other.........they will accept text and can be colored to
suit.........lthough only really usefull as like a column header,

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3