Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a distribution chart

Hello All,

I have an assignment for my class to create a line graph that shows the
distribution of wealth by region. A sample of the data is shown below.
The only way I can think of solving this problem is to create a separate
histogram for each region and then create a line graph using those
created histograms.

The problem I am having is that Excel only allows one histogram per
worksheet. If I create the histograms on separate worksheets, how
would I create the line chart I need?

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

wealth region
37 M
24 U
14 A
13 U
13 U
11.7 E
10 M
8.2 U
8.1 U
7.2 E
7 M
6.2 O
5.9 U
5.3 U
5.2 E
5 M
5 M
4.9 A
4.8 U

--
steve65
steve65's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37510

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you mean by "histogram for each region" ? All you have for a given
region is a list of numbers. Maybe you are suppose to add these up.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"steve65" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry that I was so vague. The first column is the net worth of a
person in billons and the second column is one of five regions that
that person lives in. The goal of the project is to chart the
distribution of wealth per region.

--
steve65
steve65's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573579

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1) Sort your data by region (Data | Sort)
2) Make a column of wealth values: maybe 10, 12, 14, ..... 30 This is the
'bin'
3) in column next to BIN use FREQUENCY on the first regions' data
4) In next column use FREQ on second region, etc
5) Plot chart by selecting BIN and as many columns as you have regions
Excel often requires you plan an attack on the problem - not everything is
'pre-bottled'
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"steve65" wrote in
message ...

Sorry that I was so vague. The first column is the net worth of a
person in billons and the second column is one of five regions that
that person lives in. The goal of the project is to chart the
distribution of wealth per region.

--
steve65
steve65's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573579

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the reply back, I will look at this tonight.

--
steve65
steve65's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573579