Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
tcurrier

Default hide original cells after creating chart

I'm new to creating charts in Excel, but I can't figure out how to do
this...

After I create a chart from a range of cells, can I hide the original
cells that contain the source data ?

I only want to see the chart on the worksheet ....

Thanks for any help !

--
tcurrier
tcurrier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31279

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You can hide the cells but you will have to uncheck the 'Plot visible
cells only'. Select the chart and use the menu Tools Options. On the
chart tab is the 'plot visible cells' option.

Cheers
Andy

tcurrier wrote:
I'm new to creating charts in Excel, but I can't figure out how to do
this...

After I create a chart from a range of cells, can I hide the original
cells that contain the source data ?

I only want to see the chart on the worksheet ....

Thanks for any help !

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info