Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding cell by cell by cell.....

Hi everybody,

I am fairly new to Excel and I've gotten myself stuck. My trouble has
to do with formulas. I am recording how many times something happens in
a day so my worksheet goes as so: column A=Day of the week, B=date, C=
the number of times it has happened, and E=comments. Notice D is
missing? I want column D to equal the total number of times the event
recorded in C has happened thus far. Let's say Saturday Aug. 5th it
happened 3 times, D2 should equal 3. On Sunday Aug. 6th it happened 4
times, so D3 should equal 6 and so on. This will be something on going
for many weeks so I would like a formula with infinite reach in column
D. I've been told that this task would require a macro...I don't have a
clue how to use macros. If I haven't explained myself well enough, I can
post a screenshot if needed! I guess I can ask something else, too,
while I'm in a posting mood: How can I have looked titles? By this I
mean if I want Column A to be titled Day of the week, I want to be able
to scroll to all the way down to row 50+ and still see that column A's
title. Sorry this is so lengthy and needy :(

Please and thanks in advance!!!!:)

--
scubab
scubab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37778

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!

Try this:

Assume row 1 is your column headers. The data starts in row 2.

Enter this formula in D2 and copy down to as many rows as you think you'll
be using:

=IF(C2="","",SUM(D1,C2))

This assumes that you won't have any empty rows within your data set.

How can I have looked titles?

If your headers are in row 1 select cell A2.

Goto the menu WindowFreeze Panes

Biff

"scubab" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much Biff. Your advice helped me %100 :)