Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copying formulas

how do I copy a formula i.e. =K64-M65 into all cells in a row
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Woody wrote:
how do I copy a formula i.e. =K64-M65 into all cells in a row

If you want that the formula referers always to the same cells, you have to
use absolute references, i.e. you have to insert the formula in this way:

=$K$64-$M$65

the you can drag the cell with the formula...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for your reply. I do not want the formula to always refer to the same
cell. I need them to refer to the row above. Everytime I try to copy the
formula to more than one cell i get "#VALUE" in all the cells

"Franz Verga" wrote:

Woody wrote:
how do I copy a formula i.e. =K64-M65 into all cells in a row

If you want that the formula referers always to the same cells, you have to
use absolute references, i.e. you have to insert the formula in this way:

=$K$64-$M$65

the you can drag the cell with the formula...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Woody wrote:
thanks for your reply. I do not want the formula to always refer to
the same cell. I need them to refer to the row above. Everytime I
try to copy the formula to more than one cell i get "#VALUE" in all
the cells

I think it should be better if you could post your real formula you want to
copy...

"Franz Verga" wrote:

Woody wrote:
how do I copy a formula i.e. =K64-M65 into all cells in a row

If you want that the formula referers always to the same cells, you
have to use absolute references, i.e. you have to insert the formula
in this way:

=$K$64-$M$65

the you can drag the cell with the formula...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the starting formula entered in cell K11 is =K10-G11
I want to copy it down column K so it progresses to K11-G12, K12-G13 and so
on.
when I go to cell copy cell K11 to the cells below it returns the message
#VALUE in all the cells in column K

"Franz Verga" wrote:

Woody wrote:
how do I copy a formula i.e. =K64-M65 into all cells in a row

If you want that the formula referers always to the same cells, you
have to use absolute references, i.e. you have to insert the formula
in this way:

=$K$64-$M$65

the you can drag the cell with the formula...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Woody wrote:
thanks for your reply. I do not want the formula to always refer to
the same cell. I need them to refer to the row above. Everytime I
try to copy the formula to more than one cell i get "#VALUE" in all
the cells

Try = SUM(K64-M65)

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe I asked the wrong question. I want to copy the formula =k11-g12 into
the cells in column k even before there are any numbers in columns k or g so
when I do enter the figures in column g it will automatically fill in column
k.

I already have a formula copied to other cells to do the same thing but I
forget how I got it to work.

Thanks for any help on this.

"Mark" wrote:

Woody wrote:
thanks for your reply. I do not want the formula to always refer to
the same cell. I need them to refer to the row above. Everytime I
try to copy the formula to more than one cell i get "#VALUE" in all
the cells

Try = SUM(K64-M65)

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Woody wrote:

I already have a formula copied to other cells to do the same thing
but I forget how I got it to work.

Can't you just copy the formula you already have then? Is it an "IF"
statement looking for a value 0?

Mark