Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default default value

any way of entering default value's into cells??

--
hustla7
hustla7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37760

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Of course. It depends on your requirements, for example:
Sub auto_open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Cells(1, 1) = 5

raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573417

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sorry, i didnt quite understand that- i want to put a default value into
cell A5 which would be A4+1 and so on into the rest of the A
column...can u help with that please?
Thanks a lot

--
hustla7
hustla7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573417

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter =A4 + 1 in A5!!!

--
raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573417

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I didnt make the problem clear enough, i also have a validation
in the column saying that no two values should be the same- if i enter
a formula into the cell- the validation doesn't work- i need to be able
to have both working---thanks a lot for ur help!

--
hustla7
hustla7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573417

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Adding to raypayette's code

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Cells(1, 1) = 5
Range("A1:A11").Select
Selection.DataSeries Rowcol:=xlColumns, Type:=xlLinear,
Date:=xlDay, _
Step:=1, Trend:=False
Range("A1").Select

End Sub

this will set the cells each time the book is open, may have to use a
dynamic range check out this site for that
http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573417

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Validation will work that way. Enter =A4+1 in A5 as suggested will not alter
the validation, will just be checked against it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"hustla7" wrote in
message ...

Sorry, I didnt make the problem clear enough, i also have a validation
in the column saying that no two values should be the same- if i enter
a formula into the cell- the validation doesn't work- i need to be able
to have both working---thanks a lot for ur help!

--
hustla7
hustla7's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573417

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hustla

If using the DV formula is: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$50,A1)=1
or similar...........................

Remember, that Data Validation is in effect only when the cell value is changed
by the user. It does not catch changes made by VBA procedures, or as a result
of a calculation in a formula. Also, Data Validation does not apply to changes
made when the user pastes data in to the range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:14:18 -0400, hustla7
wrote:

Sorry, I didnt make the problem clear enough, i also have a validation
in the column saying that no two values should be the same- if i enter
a formula into the cell- the validation doesn't work- i need to be able
to have both working---thanks a lot for ur help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

many thanks to all of you that helped me with this problem- the coding
was perfect and combining both codes worked fine- thanks so much
again!!