Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing uppercase to lowercase

I looked on this forum yesterday to find a solution to change upper to
lowercase in a spreadsheet. I found this code in a thread which needs to be
changed in order to produce lowercase results at the moment it produces
UPPERCASE.

Option Explicit

Sub ConvertCase()
Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
If Rng.HasFormula = False Then
'Use this line for UpperCase text; change UCase to LCase for
LowerCase text.
Rng.Value = UCase(Rng.Value)
End If
Next Rng
End Sub

Could someone please explain what part of the code needs changing to produce
lowercase results. Thank you in advance

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Instead of fiddling with VBA, why don't you just do:

=LOWER(A1)

This'll change all the text to lowercase. You'll need to do it in a
seperate column, but then just copy and paste it over.

HTH,

SamuelT

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul,

Change the "UCase(Rng.Value)" to "LCase(Rng.Value)"

The line in the code above this tells you what to change

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is an UPPER and LOWER function (=LOWER(A2))

If you use this and copy/paste special (values) I'm sure you could
resolve.

--
SAP PoD
SAP PoD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37641