Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic Data Entry

Is it possible to have Excel automatically fill cells with certain data in
one column based on data in another column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure!

In B1 enter:

=(A1=1)*100

So if A1 contains 1, B1 will equate to 100.

That answers your question ... BUT ... I'll bet that's not what you're
looking for.

How about being more specific with your question.

RD

"jmj713" wrote in message
Is it possible to have Excel automatically fill cells with certain data in
one column based on data in another column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about being more specific with your question.

Surely. What I have is either "Shift 1" or "Shift 2" in Column D. I need a
formula that will automatically enter into Column I either "2:00" or "7:00"
respectively.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BM BM is offline

I would say you could do this with an if statement,
=if(a1= "Shift 1","2:00",if(a1="Shift 2", "7:00")," ")

I don't have excel with me but I am pretty sure this would work.
RagDyer/All, do you think this is a bit sloppy?

"jmj713" wrote in message
How about being more specific with your question.

Surely. What I have is either "Shift 1" or "Shift 2" in Column D. I need a
formula that will automatically enter into Column I either "2:00" or
"7:00"
respectively.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this in I1, and copy down as needed:

=LOOKUP(D1,{0,"Shift 1","Shift 2";"","2:00","7:00"})

That works perfectly! Thanks so much.