Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Text Imprt from TAB to Comma

Hi All,

I've been scowering the web - looking for a way to turn the defualt
import/conversion of a text/csv from TAB to Comma.

Issue - if I double-click a file with the attribute .csv - the file
opens in Excel, but every row is displayed in one column.

If I have Excel open, and open the .CSV as a Text File - the import
wizard starts and I am given the opportunity to change the delimiter
from TAB to Comma. I'm guessing that the original issue (double-click
on .csv file) is due to the default of the wizard being TAB.

I'm not looking for the cheezie answers; 'change the files from .csv to
..txt' or adding a macro button. I am looking for a means to open the
file natively and have the columns properly delimited.

I'm on Windows XP and the client is using Excel 2000 (ok, upgrade is a
valid suggestion). This is the only client I have where the .csv files
do not open delimited.

I looked in the Regional settings - everything appears to be properly
configured. This client is multi-national, so there are many encoding
selected.

help where you can!

(db)
Daniel Bohner