Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dynamic filling

I have this template to output my information. For example:

Number Product Name Region Product Code
1 Apple EU CA01
2 Agilent US CA02
3 Analog AP CA03
4 Intel US CI01
5 Ice-cream AP C102
6 India EU CI03
7 Bausch AP CB01
8 Broadcom EU CB02
9 Boxer US CB03
10 Border US CB04

Name, Product Name, Region & Product Code is the title of each column.
The Product Code comprise of 2 letters. The first letters will always a €śC€ť.
The second letter will be the same as the first letter of the actual Product
Name, followed by a 2 digital running ascending number.
Example:
Product Name: Product Code:

AAA CA01
AGG CA02
BAA CB01
CCC CC01
If I were to add in more product name, it will be quite troublesome right?
Therefore, I am thinking if there is a way to write a coding to let me,
whenever I filled in the product name & Region data, the new product name &
Region data will auto save inside my template. Also, the Number & Product
Code (such that the first letter will always map according to the 1st letter
Product Name, also its running ascending number) will auto generate.

thanks advance
kyo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an excellent article by Microsoft on the subject:

raypayette

raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572069