Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help on this formula

Is there a better way to write this formula?

=SUM(G6:H6:I6:J6:L6)*17.5%

I noticed writing it this way, F6 is automatically added to the sum.

Thank you

--
Timeferret
Timeferret's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19170

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably not since you are not using consecutive cells. But then again,
there maybe a way to do it.

--
iasiddiqui
iasiddiqui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37543

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There has to be, because that is really confusing!. I don't see where F6
gets involved, it doesn't for me.

What cells exactly are you trying to add?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Timeferret" wrote
in message ...

Is there a better way to write this formula?

=SUM(G6:H6:I6:J6:L6)*17.5%

I noticed writing it this way, F6 is automatically added to the sum.

Thank you

--
Timeferret
Timeferret's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571823

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmmm, if that is the case I will have to swap columns K and L around.

Thank you

--
Timeferret
Timeferret's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19170
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571823

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What does a , mean in a formula? What does " mean in a formula? What do
parethesis mean and brackets mean? I have never learned how to write a
formula, other than a basic ones, because I cannot understand how to enter
the commas, periods, parethesis, etc. where they belong so as to arrive at
correct result. I have never understood this and all the Excel for Dummie do
not address such basic stuff I guess. Can some one please explain? Thanks
Sharon

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

There has to be, because that is really confusing!. I don't see where F6
gets involved, it doesn't for me.

What cells exactly are you trying to add?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Timeferret" wrote
in message ...

Is there a better way to write this formula?

=SUM(G6:H6:I6:J6:L6)*17.5%

I noticed writing it this way, F6 is automatically added to the sum.

Thank you

--
Timeferret
Timeferret's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571823

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each of the functions which can be used in a formula has its own help
facility available in Excel. If you click on the function in the formula
bar, & then use the "fx" link just to the left of the formula bar it will
lead on to help on that function, and show you the syntax required & explain
the parameters needed as inputs (and allow you to go on to help on other
similar functions through the "see also" link).
--
David Biddulph

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

There has to be, because that is really confusing!. I don't see where F6
gets involved, it doesn't for me.

What cells exactly are you trying to add?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Timeferret"
wrote
in message ...

Is there a better way to write this formula?

=SUM(G6:H6:I6:J6:L6)*17.5%

I noticed writing it this way, F6 is automatically added to the sum.

Thank you

--
Timeferret
Timeferret's Profile: