Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default In Excel: How do I turn off automatic e-mail if text has @ sign?

I am writing spreadsheet that requires users to enter stock-symbol
tickers, which for various reasons *must be typed in like this: F@US
(Ford, on US stock exchanges; MSFT@US for Microsoft, etc.) Everytime I
enter this text in a cell, Excel sees the ampersand, thinks it's an e-mail
address and tries to link to Outlook. I can't find a way to turn this
function off. Any help out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think that Excel behavior is caused by the AutoCorrect options

Try this:

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<spelling tab
Click the [Autocorrect options] button
Select the "Autoformat as you type" tab
UNcheck: Internet and network paths with hyperlinks.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP