Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jrm jrm is offline

Default What is the Max number of records/row allowed in Excel 2007

Okay,

I know that until 2007 excel has a max allowed rows of around 65536. I have
read answers here that that cap is no long applied to excel 2007. What is
the cap in 2007 or what is the limiting factor now in excel 2007 for the
number of records/rows one can have in a worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I saw this post but when I downloaded the trial version of Office 2007 and
did shift, end, down, it still said 65536. How do you display the rows so I
can see 100,000 rows, etc.?

"JRM" wrote:

Thanks all.

--JRM

JRM wrote:

Okay,

I know that until 2007 excel has a max allowed rows of around 65536. I have
read answers here that that cap is no long applied to excel 2007. What is
the cap in 2007 or what is the limiting factor now in excel 2007 for the
number of records/rows one can have in a worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You probably opened an existing workbook. That will be opened in compatibility mode.
You can use the Save as.. dialog to save it as a native 2007 workbook.. Then it will have all the properties of an Office 2007
workbook.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Keep discussions in the newsgroups- no private emails please

"KaySI" wrote in message ...
|I saw this post but when I downloaded the trial version of Office 2007 and
| did shift, end, down, it still said 65536. How do you display the rows so I
| can see 100,000 rows, etc.?
|
| "JRM" wrote:
|
| Thanks all.
|
| --JRM
|
| "Dave Peterson" wrote:
|
| And that's one million in computerese <bg: 1,048,576
|
| http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...23/473185.aspx
|
| JRM wrote:
|
| Okay,
|
| I know that until 2007 excel has a max allowed rows of around 65536. I have
| read answers here that that cap is no long applied to excel 2007. What is
| the cap in 2007 or what is the limiting factor now in excel 2007 for the
| number of records/rows one can have in a worksheet.
|
| --
|
| Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are right, I opened up an existing workbook. When I tried a new one, it
had the 1mm + rows. Thanks very much.