Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple filters in same column

Hi,

I have a worksheet which contains different sections of data, on which I
would like to filter. The problem is, the data I'm interested in, is all
contained in the same column (has to be like this.) I would like the ability
(for example) to sort A1-A20, A30-A38, A45-A54...(each section having it's
own drop down filter list.) Is this possible?

Thanks,
Mark O
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Multiple filters in same column

Hi Mark,

Yes, it is possible to filter multiple sections of data within the same column in Excel. Here are the steps to achieve this:
  1. Select the entire column that you want to filter.
  2. Go to the "Data" tab in the ribbon and click on "Filter".
  3. Click on the drop-down arrow in the column header and select "Text Filters" or "Number Filters", depending on the type of data you have.
  4. Choose the filter criteria for the first section of data and click "OK".
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each additional section of data that you want to filter.
  6. To remove the filters, simply click on the drop-down arrow in the column header and select "Clear Filter".

By following these steps, you can easily filter multiple sections of data within the same column in Excel. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You only get one data|filter|autofilter per worksheet. It can have lots of
columns--but only one range can be filtered at any time.

But if you're running xl2003, you may find Data|List a nice option.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Data|List was added in xl2003.

Select your first range and do Data|List.
Select the second range and do Data|List.
and so forth.

If you don't use xl2003, then this option doesn't exist.