Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't use large files including graphs

I use to work on large data files, 30,000 to 40,000 records of 10 different
parameters (columns). I have one graph for each parameter. File size is in
the range of 15-20MB. This used to work fine with Excel 2003, but Excel 2007
is incredibly slow to draw the graphs, so slow that for the largest files it
just can't get them opened. By the way, opening and saving those files is
always extremely time consuming with 2007, while it took a few seconds with
2003.
My computer has a P4, 1.7GHz, 512Mb RAM. I would expect Office 2007 to work
fine with such a machine, which is not so old. If this cant' be fixed I'll
just have to come back to 2003.
Any hint for me? Thanks for your precious help.