Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I turn off Autorecovery in Excel 2003?

Lately I have been unable to save any of the Autoecovery options in Excel
2003.

Every time I turn the option off, close the Excel and reopen, the option is
back on.

We have 100's of huge 20MB files that are being worked on everyday over our
network. By default the Autorecovery is turned on and set to autosave every
10 minutes. This is causing a lot of uneccessary work stopage. We need to
turn this option off or even set the autosave interval to 60 minutes. But
nothing is keeping.

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This setting is kept in the windows registry.

If you're setting isn't being saved (after closing and reopening), then the
setting isn't getting saved.

Lots of IT departments restrict users from changing the registry. I'd ask my IT
folks if they did this and if they could remove the restriction.

Alternatively, you could change the setting each time you open excel.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That first sentence didn't help. Maybe...

If you change the setting and it's not getting saved after closing and
reopening, then something is going wrong at the registry level.