Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jamie Carper Jamie Carper is offline

Default How can I turn off Autorecovery in Excel 2003?

Lately I have been unable to save any of the Autoecovery options in Excel
2003.

Every time I turn the option off, close the Excel and reopen, the option is
back on.

We have 100's of huge 20MB files that are being worked on everyday over our
network. By default the Autorecovery is turned on and set to autosave every
10 minutes. This is causing a lot of uneccessary work stopage. We need to
turn this option off or even set the autosave interval to 60 minutes. But
nothing is keeping.

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it?