Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help autosorting information into different cells

So I have about 911 things to input into Microsoft Excel, and they are
supposed to be seperated by 4 different categories. I tried copying and
pasting everything, hoping everything would be autoformated into
seperate cells, but everything just got inputted into the whole first
column and only the first cell.

So the first cell basically looked like:
Category 1 Category 2 Category 2 | Cell 2
Info for Cat1 Info for Cat2 Info.etc| Cell 2

What I'm hoping for it to look like when I paste everything in is:
Category 1 | Category 2 | Cateogory 3
Info Info | Info info | Info Info

Help?

--