Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default resume.xlw

I posted this but no response as yet but this darn thing is driving me
crazy, if you can help turn it off id be very happy, one frustrated person
right now, have searched online / help and now ready to tear the wall down
its so frustrating

Hi All, a small problem if some one can help, I have a macro that opens a
hyperlink and runs an application in another workbook, saves it then moves
to the next one.

all is good with this but when all is closed it has somehow created a XLW a
workspace for these files, which I don't want ? tried finding how it was
created but no luck, is there an option somewhere were this can be turned
off.

regards
Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If any one can tell me why excel auto creates a resume.xlw file i would be
very grateful i have now spent the second day trying to find it in help
everywhere very annoyed

"OZDOC" wrote in message
I posted this but no response as yet but this darn thing is driving me
crazy, if you can help turn it off id be very happy, one frustrated person
right now, have searched online / help and now ready to tear the wall down
its so frustrating

Hi All, a small problem if some one can help, I have a macro that opens a
hyperlink and runs an application in another workbook, saves it then moves
to the next one.

all is good with this but when all is closed it has somehow created a XLW
workspace for these files, which I don't want ? tried finding how it was
created but no luck, is there an option somewhere were this can be turned
off.

regards
Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You still haven't posted the macro code that Barb requested.

The macro would seem to be the source of creation for the resume.xlw

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"OZDOC" wrote in message
I posted this but no response as yet but this darn thing is driving me
crazy, if you can help turn it off id be very happy, one frustrated person
right now, have searched online / help and now ready to tear the wall down
its so frustrating

Hi All, a small problem if some one can help, I have a macro that opens a
hyperlink and runs an application in another workbook, saves it then moves
to the next one.

all is good with this but when all is closed it has somehow created a XLW
workspace for these files, which I don't want ? tried finding how it was
created but no luck, is there an option somewhere were this can be turned
off.

regards
Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I apologise as I never seen a request for the code ?

Sub RAYS()
Range("D10").Select
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Value < "Y" Then
Exit Sub
End If
MYDAYS = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
Workbooks.Open Filename:=ActiveCell.Value
Range("L9").Value = MYDAYS
Application.Run "'1.JY T$ DATA V9-5.XLS'!SELECTUPDATE"
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close
End Sub

On the subject above, I notice a lot of people reply but not in the thread
and I guess this is where I missed the request, is there a way to also check
multiple posts to see if some one as replied to yours ? or am I missing
something here ?

cheers
Pete

"OZDOC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is the thread with replies.

http://snipurl.com/u3ws

As to your code, I don't see anything in this macro but perhaps the macro
SELECTUPDATE is the culprit.

I'm not much of a VBA person so may be missing something.

Gord

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:50:15 +0930, "OZDOC" wrote:

I apologise as I never seen a request for the code ?

Sub RAYS()
Range("D10").Select
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Value < "Y" Then
Exit Sub
End If
MYDAYS = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
Workbooks.Open Filename:=ActiveCell.Value
Range("L9").Value = MYDAYS
Application.Run "'1.JY T$ DATA V9-5.XLS'!SELECTUPDATE"
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWindow.Close
End Sub

On the subject above, I notice a lot of people reply but not in the thread
and I guess this is where I missed the request, is there a way to also check
multiple posts to see if some one as replied to yours ? or am I missing
something here ?

cheers
Pete

.. .

"OZDOC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would seem to me that you need to dig into

'1.JY T$ DATA V9-5.XLS'!SELECTUPDATE

To see what's happening. There is nothing in the remainder of the code I
see that would create the file you mention.