Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Control IP movement

Am designing a spreadsheet template to consolidate daily operations
information into a one page report. Have tried using Word forms with fields
which does a great job of controlling the order of the data entry when
locked, however in Word2000 generating calculations is frustrating in a
locked form.

In Excel, here is my stumbling block. I need to automate movement from cell
to cell, cells for data entry are not lined up continously. Is there a
simple method of positioning insertion point in cell G5, then moving to cell
K3 after data is entered into G5, and so forth?

I have approximately 50 cells for data entry in this little spreadsheet. Any
pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Help will be graciously appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi JR Hester,

Protect all the cells in your worksheet (Format, Cells, Protection). Then,
unprotect the cells you want users to edit. Then protect the worksheet
(Tools, Protection, Protect Worksheet). Select just the "Select unlocked
cells option" then protect the worksheet.

Work?

Pancake Batter

"JR Hester" wrote:

Am designing a spreadsheet template to consolidate daily operations
information into a one page report. Have tried using Word forms with fields
which does a great job of controlling the order of the data entry when
locked, however in Word2000 generating calculations is frustrating in a
locked form.

In Excel, here is my stumbling block. I need to automate movement from cell
to cell, cells for data entry are not lined up continously. Is there a
simple method of positioning insertion point in cell G5, then moving to cell
K3 after data is entered into G5, and so forth?

I have approximately 50 cells for data entry in this little spreadsheet. Any
pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Help will be graciously appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2000 I don't locate a "Select unlocked cells option". When
protected, this only limits data entry into teh lcoked cells. I would like to
actually position the active cell to "step the user through the process"

"JR Hester" wrote:

Am designing a spreadsheet template to consolidate daily operations
information into a one page report. Have tried using Word forms with fields
which does a great job of controlling the order of the data entry when
locked, however in Word2000 generating calculations is frustrating in a
locked form.

In Excel, here is my stumbling block. I need to automate movement from cell
to cell, cells for data entry are not lined up continously. Is there a
simple method of positioning insertion point in cell G5, then moving to cell
K3 after data is entered into G5, and so forth?

I have approximately 50 cells for data entry in this little spreadsheet. Any
pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Help will be graciously appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ther will be between 12 and 20 users needing to use this form. One per day,
though. I recall many years ago setting up a autoexecuting macro in another
spreadsheet that would advance to a cell, allow input, then move to a new
specified cell when [enter] key was pressed. That memory haunts me, Oh for
simpler times!

Thanks for your sugtgestions. I will keep looking for a solution to this
issue.

"JR Hester" wrote:

Am designing a spreadsheet template to consolidate daily operations
information into a one page report. Have tried using Word forms with fields
which does a great job of controlling the order of the data entry when
locked, however in Word2000 generating calculations is frustrating in a
locked form.

In Excel, here is my stumbling block. I need to automate movement from cell
to cell, cells for data entry are not lined up continously. Is there a
simple method of positioning insertion point in cell G5, then moving to cell
K3 after data is entered into G5, and so forth?

I have approximately 50 cells for data entry in this little spreadsheet. Any
pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Help will be graciously appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Amen for the simpler times brother. Wells, see link below... this might be
that macro... at the bottom. Good luck!

http://experts.about.com/q/Excel-105...excel-2000.htm

PB