Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question on Data Normalization

I have a question that I am hoping someone can either answer for me, or
direct me to the answer. I need to know how to average say 10 columns
(or more/less) that do not have equal numbers of rows.

For example: I am measuring joint angles for the left and right hips
during walking. The values are determined from other software but are
exported into columns with each row being a data point (time based).
Each step is not the same lenght in time thus there are a different
amount of rows for each column. What I want to do is take the average
amount of datapoints for all he columns and use this as a value to
normalize all the other numbers of rows to. So say I have 5 columns.
In order the numbers of rows are 10, 12, 14, 10, and 16. This gives an
average value of 12.4. So I would round this up to 13. Now, wht I
want to do is make the values either become longer or shorter while
retaining the shape of the curve (interpolation of points inbetween).
Is there a way to do this in Excel?

I would greatly appreciate help and input on this. Please let me know
if its possible, and if so how to do it.

Thanks,

Adam