Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If TODAY = [Certain Date in Row], Highlight this row?

I'm tracking a bunch of my little projects/tasks via an excel file. It
has their "Production Date" as a column, and I was wondering if it
would be possible to highlight them in RED or something if it's 90+
after the date listed in Production Date.

So, here's the logic I'm thinking, in pseudocode form: (Assume the row
is 1, and Prod Date is Col. A.)

If (TODAY = A1+90)
A.BackgroundHighlight == RED

Yeah it's kinda java pseudo code, but I did it just so you knew exactly
what I was trying to do

Is it possible, and if so, how?

--
sasquatchbill
sasquatchbill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36550

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at conditional Formatting. Format Conditional Formatting on
the tool bar at the top of the screen. Check it out in 'Help'
Regards,
Alan.
"sasquatchbill"
wrote in message
news:sasquatchbill.2bmbv5_1154027714.2363@excelfor um-nospam.com...

I'm tracking a bunch of my little projects/tasks via an excel file. It
has their "Production Date" as a column, and I was wondering if it
would be possible to highlight them in RED or something if it's 90+
after the date listed in Production Date.

So, here's the logic I'm thinking, in pseudocode form: (Assume the row
is 1, and Prod Date is Col. A.)

If (TODAY = A1+90)
A.BackgroundHighlight == RED

Yeah it's kinda java pseudo code, but I did it just so you knew exactly
what I was trying to do

Is it possible, and if so, how?

--
sasquatchbill
sasquatchbill's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565747

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use Conditional Formatting to accomplish this. Select your range of
data to highlight, then from the Format Menu, choose "Conditional
Formatting..."

Change the "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" then enter the formula:

=TODAY()=A1+90

Then set your format (red background).

That should do it.

HTH,
Elkar

"sasquatchbill" wrote:

I'm tracking a bunch of my little projects/tasks via an excel file. It
has their "Production Date" as a column, and I was wondering if it
would be possible to highlight them in RED or something if it's 90+
after the date listed in Production Date.

So, here's the logic I'm thinking, in pseudocode form: (Assume the row
is 1, and Prod Date is Col. A.)

If (TODAY = A1+90)
A.BackgroundHighlight == RED

Yeah it's kinda java pseudo code, but I did it just so you knew exactly
what I was trying to do

Is it possible, and if so, how?

--
sasquatchbill
sasquatchbill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36550
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565747

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nifty! That looks like it should do it.
However, there's a few issues that arise when I try to do it:

1) Is there a way to evaluate each row individually? Row 2 evaluates
the data in A2, Row 3 in A3, Row 4 in A4, and so on...

2) THe whole row does not get the red background color. Right now, only
a few columns are getting the conditional formatting treatment in that
row.

Thanks for your help in advance! It's much appreciated.
-Will

--
sasquatchbill
sasquatchbill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36550
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565747

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

-Bump-

I've figured out why it doesn't do the whole row and I fixed that, but
I still cant apply what I'm trying to do across all my rows.
Is this something I should do in VBA? Not that I know how...