Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sort function grayed out, how do I ungray it?

The sort function and many others are grayed out in the dropdown menu. I
can't identify anything I did to make this happen, protection seems normal.
I need to get back to full functionality so I can work with my data. Please
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the workbook you are using a Shared workbook? If so you need to
unshare it before these functions will be active.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565340

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, it' snot a shared workbook. Basically, I'm working along, doing what I
need to do, sorting at will. Suddenly, and with no reason I can see, I try
to make another sort, and several functions including sort are grayed out,
and I can't figure out what happened to cause it or fix it. It's odd.

"Excelenator" wrote:

Is the workbook you are using a Shared workbook? If so you need to
unshare it before these functions will be active.

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56

Index? Match? Function to sort and return value fr diff column in Smurfette Excel Worksheet Functions 6 April 27th 06 05:46 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Non-sequential VLOOKUP function -OR- sequential sort of web query Eric S Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 28th 05 07:50 PM
In Excel 2003 SP1, "sort" on the Data drop-down menu is grayed ou. wdking Excel Worksheet Functions 0 January 18th 05 03:43 PM
Data > Sort function amnesia? Dave D Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 29th 04 10:44 PM