Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Summing formula

Hi all,

Having a hell of a time trying to get a formula that will do the
following

On one worksheet i have the following table

Item Number used Date
12345 2 18/07/06
56789 2 20/07/06
12345 1 18/07/06

On another worksheet i need to have:

Date (return on single date if used more than once on the same day)
The item number (return a single item code if used more than once on
the same day)
The total number used so that what I get is the following:
item Number DAte
12345 3 18/07/06
56789 2 20/07/06

Normally this wouldn't be hard but i'm having a damn rough time trying
to match all THREE criteria....

Thanks all
Sandi

--
rhani111
rhani111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19940

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

rhani111 wrote:
Hi all,

Having a hell of a time trying to get a formula that will do the
following

On one worksheet i have the following table

Item Number used Date
12345 2 18/07/06
56789 2 20/07/06
12345 1 18/07/06

On another worksheet i need to have:

Date (return on single date if used more than once on the same day)
The item number (return a single item code if used more than once on
the same day)
The total number used so that what I get is the following:
item Number DAte
12345 3 18/07/06
56789 2 20/07/06

Normally this wouldn't be hard but i'm having a damn rough time trying
to match all THREE criteria....

Thanks all
Sandi

Hi Sandi,

I think you could use the SUMPRODUCT function...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I have tried the sumproduct and sumif functions...i cannot seem to get
it to work?? That's why I ended up posting here....cheers

--
rhani111
rhani111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19940
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

rhani111 wrote:
Hi,

I have tried the sumproduct and sumif functions...i cannot seem to get
it to work?? That's why I ended up posting here....cheers

I think SUMPRODUCT should be the most suitable to your case. If you like,
you could upload a small example file to www.savefile.com

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok...I tried this last night but we'll try again ....LOL

|Filename: Testing.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5105 |